We are excited to let you know that we now are providing both in-person worship services and an online live stream!
This decision has come with much prayer and planning from the elder and staff teams. We recognize our deep need for community and the importance of the body of Christ gathering together in person. Yet, we also recognize that the coronavirus situation is not over, so there are adjustments to how we gather in person for this season. Please carefully review these details so you know what to expect and how to plan.
"PHASE 1" REOPENING OVERVIEW
- We will have one worship service at 10:30 a.m. with overflow seating available in the gym (see below)
- The live stream of the service will continue to be available for those who need to worship from home
LIVE STREAM ON FACEBOOK
LIVE STREAM ON YOUTUBE
- Childcare WILL be available for birth through age 5 in the preschool.
- There will be NO Sunday Bible Study groups on campus (though many will continue over Zoom)
RETURN TO CORPORATE WORSHIP
We will have our regular worship service at 10:30 a.m.
If you are sick, or concerned you have been exposed to sickness, please participate from home. If you are in a high-risk category, you are welcome to continue to worship from home. Each week we will provide a live stream of the service at 10:30 a.m. to serve those of you sick or high-risk.
- The doors will open at 10:10 a.m. Seating is first come, first serve.
- The sanctuary will have every other row closed, limiting capacity to half of our usual Sunday gathering.
- Please sit at the end of a row, and not in the middle, to enable greater capacity.
- Once you sit down, you will find under each seat a bright piece of paper that says "seat closed." If you family would like some social distancing between you and the next family, please take out those papers and put them on the two seats next to you. This will let you determine how close you want to be to others, and keep people from having to ask if a seat is available.
- Children of all ages are welcome with you in the service.
- The live service will be shown on a large screen in the gym.
- Chairs will be setup to provide 6 foot distancing between groups
- An area will be left open where parents can bring a blanket and toys for their kids to use during the service.
- The gym seating is not just for overflow. Feel free to begin here if you would like to be on campus but would like more distance between people or if you need space for young kids to have activities during the service.
CHILDCARE IS AVAILABLE BIRTH TO AGE 5
- After consulting with parents, we found that many desire for their little ones to be cared for during the service during this time. As such, we are glad to provide childcare. Please note these differences:
- We will have a maximum of 4 children per room. Each room will be staffed by a young adult woman. As always, a director on duty will supervise the entire area, and everything is being monitored via video surveillance by our security team.
- Our director on duty will handle check-in for your child so you do not have to touch the kiosks.
- When a room is at capacity, no additional children will be allowed to check-in. We can make no exceptions to this capacity limit for the safety of your children.
- Childcare is available beginning at 10:15 a.m. It is first-come, first-serve.
- However, you are welcome to keep your children with you in the service if you prefer.
- Greeters will open doors for you as you arrive so you do not have to touch anything.
- Please refrain from hugging or hand-shakes. Even if you feel comfortable with that, others do not.
- We will not provide bulletins or pass offering plates. Offering drop boxes will be available on the table in the back of the sanctuary and in the lobby of the gym building.
- MASKS - Masks are encouraged. Limited quantities are available on campus if you do not have one.
- HAND SANITIZER ON CAMPUS - The wall mounted stations are fully stocked. In addition, we will have additional large bottles around the campus. Please clean your hands before and after you touch anything on campus.
- IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT RESTROOMS - Gateway's restrooms WILL be available and will be sanitized Saturday evening. However, as you know, restroom surfaces are a key place where sickness can spread. As much as possible, please use the restroom before you come to campus, and seek to limit restroom usage while here. Both buildings' restrooms are open to help you spread out and limit contact.
- NOTE ABOUT VENTILATION - The HVAC systems for the sanctuary building (sanctuary, preschool classes, hallways, restrooms, and offices) have UV light air purification in them. The air circulating throughout that building is disinfected before it blows back into the rooms. With that in place, and due to road noise and heat, we will not be keeping exterior doors open during the service.
RESUMING OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Phase 1 (noted above) resumes in-person worship services
- Phase 2 will resume Sunday Bible Study groups
- Phase 3 will resume mid-week activities
No dates have been set yet for phase 2 or 3. We continue to prayerfully monitor the situation. Please continue to check back here for updates.
We hope to see you in person or via the live-stream this Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m.!