Men, join us for a great opportunity to get together for some adventure, fellowship, food, and time with God in the beauty of His creation! We are headed up to Lake Martin for a day hike on Saturday, February 27.
For this hike, we are doing a combination of the Chimney Rock Trail and the Kowaliga Bay Loop. Click on those links to be taken to AllTrails where you can see the trail maps, pictures, and elevation changes. The hike will be a total of 4 miles. The trail is rated moderate and has some short and down sections, but there is no long, sustained elevation gains. We will pause along the route to read Scripture, discuss, and pray. See below for more details about the schedule and plan. There is no cost, but advanced registration is required:
*** CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ***
We will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 27, in the Gateway parking lot. We will carpool to the trailhead which is north of Tallassee off of Highway 50. It takes about 1 hour to get there. If you prefer to drive yourself, you are welcome to follow us or meet us at the trailhead.
We will eat a picnic lunch together at the trailhead after the hike. Please pack a cooler with lunch. There are picnic tables and an overlook at the trailhead.
We should return to the church by late afternoon.
We will provide a group first aid kit and insect repellent.
You will want to bring:
- Backpack to hold your water, snacks, etc.
- High-protein snacks for the trail (Some good snacks are energy bars, beef jerky, and trail mix)
- Light-colored, comfortable clothing – synthetic works best but cotton is fine for a day hike
- Sunscreen and a hat
- Hiking boots or sturdy athletic shoes with good soles
- Emergency poncho or rain jacket if there is a chance of rain
- Cooler with lunch at the trailhead after the hike
If you have any questions, please contact Mike Presley. We hope you will join us!