Men, join us for an afternoon of fellowship and adventure as we explore the John B. Scott Forever Wild Trail along the Yates Lake area of the Tallapoosa River, which is just below Martin Dam and Lake Martin. There is no cost to attend, but registration is required.
The John B. Scott Forever Wild trail is a 4.7-mile loop trail that winds through a hilly, forested area to the tallest point in Elmore County with some beautiful views of the surrounding area. After descending the highest point, the trail levels out to follow a stream until finally reaching the shores of Yates Lake. This trail is rated moderate due to the hilly elevation changes and the distance. To learn more about the trail, click here for a trail description or click here for a trail map.
On Saturday, September 11, we will meet at 12:30 p.m. in the Gateway parking lot to carpool to the trailhead, which is about one hour away. If you prefer, you may meet us at the trailhead at 1:30. It is is north of Tallassee off of Highway 50 (Directions are available here). We plan to return to the church campus by early evening.
WE WILL PROVIDE:
- Group first aid kit
- Insect repellent
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING:
- Small backpack to hold your water and snacks
- Water (it is still hot on September afternoons!)
- High-protein snacks for the trail (energy bars, beef jerky, trail mix, etc.)
- Light-colored, comfortable clothing – synthetic works best but cotton is fine for a day hike
- Sunscreen and a hat
- Hiking boots or sturdy athletic shoes with good soles
- Poncho or rain jacket in case there is rain
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
*** Click here to register ***
Email Mike Presley at firstname.lastname@example.org