We have a great opportunity coming up to serve the teachers and administrators at Capitol Heights Middle School (CHMS). We could use your help!
We’re in that part of the school year where everything feels like a grind. The holidays have come and gone, the newness of the new year has worn off, and the teachers/administrators/students/parents are hanging on for dear life until spring break. There’s a general sense of fatigue and discouragement amongst the CHMS teachers and administrators.
We want to bring the encouragement and light of Jesus Christ to them. Proverbs 16:24 says, "Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.” We have a plan to speak and demonstrate to the CHMS teachers and administrators some gracious words in an effort to encourage them.
Each day of the week of April 3-7, we are going to provide some encouragement in the form of food and gifts. We will be providing the teachers meals, snack bags, gift cards, etc. Missy Crews has come up with an amazing theme; the teachers are going to be blown away!
Here’s how you can help:
- Pray — Pray that the teachers would understand the love of Jesus Christ as we endeavor to show them how much the Father loves them.
- Drinks — Provide individual-sized bottles of water, Gatorade, Powerade, etc., so that we can stock the fridge in the teachers’ lounge with drinks for the week. Deliver these bottles of drinks to the church office.
- Gift Cards — Provide $5-$10 gift cards to various places (Starbucks, Chick-Fil-A, McDonalds, etc.). These gift cards will be used in a game that Missy has developed for the teachers; each teacher and administrator will receive a gift card. Gift cards can be brought to the church office as well.
- Volunteer — We could use some help with picking up meals and delivering them to CHMS on the week of April 3-7. If you can help, email Seth Rhodebeck and he will get you plugged in.
- Donate — If you want to give, you can always give to the HOPES ministry
I am incredibly grateful to Missy for driving this project forward and using this creative way to share the gospel with the teachers and administrators at CHMS. This service project will allow us to make real and personal connections with the teachers and open doors for deeper relationship with them.
Looking forward to reporting back on how the Lord uses this week to encourage the teachers.
Grateful for you,