Seth Rhodebeck has been contacted by the social worker at Capitol Heights Middle School, where we have an ongoing connection, to see if HOPES ministry can provide lunch for their 75 teachers on Valentine's Day. We are delighted to have this opportunity to bless the staff there who face many challenges. We are providing a meal catered by Jason’s Deli, which is offering us a significant discount for this school ministry.
HOW YOU CAN BE INVOLVED
HELP WITH THE COST OF A TEACHER'S MEAL
We are inviting you to give a Valentine's gift to a teacher by paying for their $7 meal. We would love for you take part in blessing the school this way by giving a donation to the church office, or by giving online.
To give cash or check:
- Bring it to the church office on Sunday or drop it in the offering box in the sanctuary.
- Please have a note attached to it indicating it is for HOPES.
To give online:
- Go to our Give Now page. (You will need to login to the Gateway site to do so)
- In the top box for Contribution Information, select the drop down box for "Add Another Account"
- Select "HOPES / Capitol Heights School Outreach"
- Enter the $7 (or more if you want to cover more teachers) contribution in that line
- Verify the rest of the information on that page, then click the Next button at the bottom of the screen and follow the prompts it gives you
WRITE A NOTE OF ENCOURAGEMENT FOR A TEACHER!
Whether you are able to give financially or not, we want everyone to participate by writing notes of encouragement for the teachers. We have been passing out index cards in our Sunday Bible study and Wednesday night classes so you can write a brief Scripture or prayer to encourage the teachers and staff. You can pick up a blank card in the church office on Sunday morning as well. These cards need to returned to your small group leader or directly to the church office by this Sunday, February 11.
Thank you for praying for and sharing the love of Christ with CHMS teachers and staff this Valentine’s Day!